PPL warns customers to stop using faulty energy-efficient nightlights

PPL Electric is telling customers to not use faulty nightlights that were distributed by the power company at schools and in "Energy Efficiency Kits".  From a statement on the PPL website:

The nightlights were part of kits mailed to customers who completed online home energy assessments and in kits given to students as part of PPL’s THINK! ENERGY school programs.

“We have no reports of injuries or significant damage from these lights, but out of an abundance of caution, we are asking anyone who received one from PPL to stop using it immediately,” said Chris Cardenas, customer services vice president. “We are reaching out now to customers and schools and will provide ways to return the lights.”

Three customers reported the nightlights started smoking several hours after they were plugged in. Another customer reported the light caught fire, leaving a mark on their ceramic tile.

This link includes a list of schools that received the nightlights.  It includes a number of local schools in Harrisburg, Camp Hill, Hershey and other municipalities.


WHP580 Newsroom

WHP580 Newsroom

Want to know more about WHP580 Newsroom? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on WHP 580!

title

Content Goes Here