COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
Health officials are currently taking steps to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") into communities across the United States.Coronavirus.govoffers the most up to date information about this rapidly evolving situation.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)has providedguidance for school settings.
Schools should continue promoting everyday disease prevention strategies:
- If you are sick, stay home from school.
- Avoid close contact with those who are already sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
Schools can share relevant CDC fact sheets to help students, families, and staff understand COVID-19 along with steps they can take to protect themselves:
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What to do if you are sick
- Stop the spread of germs – help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19
Please send questions on which the Department can be helpful to the following email address: COVIDemail@example.com.
- IDEA Part C Evaluation and Assessment Timelines in the COVID-19 EnvironmentJuly 6, 2020
- IDEA Part B Procedural Safeguards in the COVID-19 environment(June 30, 2020)
- IDEA Part C Procedural Safeguards in the COVID-19 environment(June 30, 2020)
- IDEA Part B Use of Funds in COVID-19 Environment Q&A Documents(June 26, 2020)
- IDEA Part C Use of Funds in COVID-19 Environment Q&A Documents(June 26, 2020)
- Flexibility in Implementation of IDEA Part B Fiscal Requirements(June 26, 2020)