Ideas for Bigs & Littles (and for families & friends)
- Evening Story Time– Read to each other via telephone, Skype, FaceTime, etc.
- Virtual Book Club– Read the same book (a chapter a week) and call, Skype or FaceTime each week to discuss the story.
- Write to your Big or Little “Pen Pal”– Feeling creative? Make personalized cards.
- Game Time– Connect through gaming systems or apps such as Words with Friends & Draw Something.
- Visit a Museum Together (Virtually)–Google Arts & Culturewill take you all around the world.
- Tell Me a Story– Write a story together. One person starts the story, and at the point where something is about to happen, stop and let the next person take over the storytelling. This can be done by e-mail, online chat or mail. See how far your story can go.
- Learn a New Craft or Skill Together– Check out online instructional videos. Want to learn how to tap dance? Interested in painting? Share your new creation or skill via video chat.
- Watch a Video Together–KASTallows friends to watch videos together virtually.